9-10 months until the big day!
Time to talk about flowers.
Your wedding flowers may make up a large part of your wedding budget, considering you may opt for ceremony and reception flowers, in addition to your bridal bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres.
Here are some tips when shopping for flowers:
• Before you turn down the possibility of ceremony and reception flowers due to budget, inquire with one of our recommended florists!
• Know your budget for bridal party flowers vs ceremony flowers vs reception flowers.
• Don’t become obsessed with replicating an image you found on Pinterest. Seasonality and cost may come into effect, so instead, use it as a springboard and work with your florist.
• Don’t be closed-minded. Pops of colour and rare blooms can really add a “wow” to your wedding!
• Don’t skimp on your bridal bouquet. It will be photographed constantly, make sure it is a nice size.
• Simplify your bridesmaid’s bouquets by making them smaller or including more greenery; this will help you save.
• Have your flowers do double duty. Have your planner or friend bring your ceremony flowers to your reception that way you get full usage out of them.
2018 Floral Trends
• Hanging arrangements, i.e. floral chandeliers.
• Wreaths & hoops, for décor, bridal bouquets, boutonnieres.
• Moss details, for backdrops.
• Bold Colours, such as burgundy, magenta, blue.
REMINDER, IF YOU HAVEN’T YET, YOU SHOULD BOOK…
• Entertainment (see “12-18 months to the big day!” article)
• Photographer and Videographer (see “12-18 months to the big day!” article)
• Wedding Dress (see “11-12 months before “I do”!” article)
• Transportation (see “10-11 months to the big day!” article)
For more information or to book your event at a Groupe Madison venue,