You’re 8-9 months away!
Start moving on to the details.
“A happy bridesmaid makes a happy bride!”
Tips for choosing the right bridesmaids’ dresses:
• Begin by browsing styles that you, the bride, like.
• Keep cost in mind, since typically the bridesmaids pay their own attire (unless, of course, you are offering it as a thank you gift).
• Shop alone (or with one friend) first to narrow your choices, then bring the rest of the bridal party for the final choice.
• Be conscientious of everyone’s body type and style. You may either (1) choose one style that suits everyone or (2) provide a material and/or color palette and have the bridesmaids choose their own dresses.
• Place the dress order as soon as possible. It can take 2-4 months for a dress to arrive and another 1-2 months for alterations.
While you’re there… don’t forget about Mother-of-the-Bride, Mother-of-the-Groom and Flower Girl dresses!
“I give you this ring as a symbol of my commitment to love, honor and respect you all the days of my life”
Tips for buying rings:
• Set a budget for the bride and groom ring.
• Narrow your choices before getting to the jeweler. What color metal do you prefer: gold, silver, white, rose gold?
• Be practical. Remember you’ll be wearing the band every day so buy something that matches your personality and daily routine.
• Think long-term. Make sure it’s a timeless style you won’t get tired of!
• Size it right. Temperature, body weight, and water retention affect the size of your fingers. Do your final fitting on a day that you are calm and your body temperature is normal.
• Have your ring cleaned often. It will preserve the shine.
• Protect your investment. Think about getting insurance on your engagement and wedding rings.
• Keep your ring safe. Prior to the wedding, perhaps it can remain at your jeweler’s, otherwise keep it in a safe.
ADDITIONALLY, IF YOU HAVEN’T YET, YOU SHOULD…
• Book your ceremony officiant.
• Book your marriage courses if you are required to take them.
• Compile your final guest list. Ensure you have their complete address!
• Book your main vendors. Check out past articles to ensure you’re on track
For more information or to book your event at a Groupe Madison venue,