5-6 months until “I do”!
It’s time to start thinking about the groom and his boys!
We spend a lot of time talking about the bride and her bridesmaids, but the groom and his ushers need to look equally as good, confident and comfortable!
Some tips for the guys:
• The tuxes or suits should reflect the formality or informality of the wedding.
• The groom’s suit should match the bride’s dress (ex. a bedazzled white ballgown dress wouldn’t particularly match with a lightweight linen suit).
• Fit is important:
– Jacket sleeve hem should fall at wrist bone with a quarter to half an inch of the shirt cuff showing below
– Bottom hem of the jacket should cover the butt and the vent shouldn’t open; otherwise it is too tight
– Collar should lay flat around the neck, without bulges
– Pants should cover the top one-third of the show when sitting
• The groom’s suit should also match with the groomsmen’s; and all should match with the bridesmaids.
• Accessories can set the guys apart: Consider different boutonnieres, bowties, vests, neckties, cufflinks, socks, etc for each of the groomsmen.
While we have your attention… here are some reminders for you!
• Book your invitations (see “7-8 months to go!” article)
• Order your cake (see “7-8 months to go!” article)
For more information or to book your event at a Groupe Madison venue,